Sunday, January 27, 2013

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday....snow stopped play.

Today.....snow all gone.  I was able to work on the allotment (cold but not in the least bit snowy), building a blackberry hedge, until it was almost too dark to see the knots I was tieing.  Absorbed in my work I looked up and found all the street lights were on.  Ah, time to go home.

And I've only done half the job.   I started with the Oregon Thornless, cos they are easier.  Gotta summon up the courage to start on the thorny one next!

4 comments:

Tanya. said...

Well you were a lot braver than me...yes the snow left...but the winds came. I guess I'll wait for a calmer day. I hate the short days...never enough time to get your tasks completed!!

Damo said...

Snow gone here too no excuse to put the outdoor jobs off any longer!

Sue Garrett said...

You have my sympathy tackling the thorny one!

Gordon Mason said...

Thick gloves (riggers gloves, B&Q, excellent!) to manoeuvre it into position but the problem is that I can't tie knots while wearing gloves. And when I take the gloves off.....well, you can guess the rest! Lacerations r me.