Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snow stopped play

Well, it's as good an excuse as any other!  But, famously, snow really did stop play at a cricket match in Buxton on 2nd June 1975.  We were living in Aberystwyth at the time and it snowed there too.  As I recall it the next day was quite hot.  Both unusual for Aberystwyth!!

So...... nothing has happened on the allotment.  BUT.....this year's seeds are ordered, this very afternoon.  All the usual suspects, except that having not had much luck with onion sets for the umpty-umpth time I thought I'd try growing onions from seed this year.  We'll see!

4 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

We may have a go from seed this year too - along with sets though as if spring onions are anything to go by we are doomed to failure.

Tanya. said...

Hey Woody...everything is at a standstill. I don't remember that June weather in '75 as it was the year I was born but my Mum told me about it....maybe it was an omen, (wink,wink) Well I have my seeds...now all I need is the weather!!

Hope it will get better for us both!

Gordon Mason said...

Hi Sue. I'm glad it's not just me with Spring Onions. I've never had much luck with them but, undaunted, keep on trying them. This will be their year!!

Gordon Mason said...

Thanks Tanya - it's better already. Snow gone in a day. Incredible.