Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Beans ahoy

They're in. Later than I'd like but they're in. Still no joy with the Climbing French. I fear I might have to buy some (the shame, the shame).

But the nursery bed is looking good (pretentious? Moi?). Look at these leeks (strictly, leeklets!)


Later-in-the-year's Blackberries are looking good too.

And finally, every allotment should have a thing of beauty. That role is normally filled by the ever-lovely Wilma Wilbury but today she is usurped by a dog rose:

2 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

Our tayberries look lke your blackberries - gaven't checked the blackberries will do today - The tays look to be going to have more fruit that usual.

Our runners aren't planted yet.

Nutty Gnome said...

Just about all my crop is in now - ah, the joy of not working in school holidays!

I couldn't find any blackberry bushes anywhere this spring, so I'm keeping the patch of ground clear and hoping to pick a couple up in autumn. The raspberries are doing well though.

That dog rose is glorious and I'm sure Wilma won't mind being neaten into 2nd place by that for a while!!!