Monday, April 06, 2009

Get walking, Woody

I've signed up for the Global Corporate Challenge - an annual competition in which teams from various companies are challenged to "walk around the world" in 125 days. My team has seven of us, all aiming to do a minimum of 10,000 steps a day for the 125 days of the Challenge. That will be one and a quarter million steps each; eight and three-quarter million steps in total

The Challenge starts on May 21st & ends on Sept 22nd. I'm the oldest person on our team, at a mere 59.

More info when it starts but you might like to have a look at the website:

www.gettheworldmoving.com

Or start a team in your own workplace?

1 comment:

Matron said...

Ah Yes! I tried out one of those pedometers for a while. If I just went for a walk in my lunch hour and the usual dog walk every day I made 10,000 steps. Good luck to you!