Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to the plot!

I've got the whole week off so this is a good opportunity to catch up on allotment work.

First job - connect the hose, empty the bottom bath of winter sludge and refill with lovely cold clean water. I love that first refill of the new season.

While that is filling, a massive weed of "Tomato Plot", then a massive weed of "Bean Plot", accompanied all the while by a robin who ate so much it's a wonder he can still fly.

I remembered the camping stove this time so plenty of tea before putting up the bean canes. This really feels like progress, even more so as the beans are sitting patiently at home, ready to go in.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hi Woody, I do remember you 'bangin' in your bishops', I'm sure yours will come in time. The ones I left in the ground all winter are only just showing, the one you saw in the picture was a stock plant which I used to take cuttings from so it has been brought on in the heated greenhouse which is why its flowering so early. I have several more like it in pots so I will be getting those out very soon. I was hoping to get some rain first though. I expect when the rain does start that will be it for the rest of the summer. Bob.