- Leeks (starting to flower) and Wallflowers (starting to stop flowering!), both out
- Every section, apart from the garlic and onions, hoed and left to dry out in the sun
- Strawberries weeded
- Raspberries weeded (Lordy what a job; I had to do it on hands and knees between the rows because it was the only way I could see what I was doing!)
- Bean patch dug over, ready for bean poles to go in
Strawberry bed looks tidy (you couldn't actually see the plants and it was full of #**#**# nettles)
So what is the next pressing task? How long have you got?
- Onions and Garlic to be weeded
- Bean poles to go in
- Beans to follow them (they've finally germinated - both lots; you couldn't make this up!)
- Carrots, Beetroot & Spring Onions to be sown (clear the bed again first!)
- Leeks into nursery bed before 'proper' planting
- And piles of other stuff I can't remember.
Can't remember how I managed to do this AND go to work. Can't remember how I ever found time to go to work!
And finally, in a fine piece of forward thinking and planning, not only do I now feel in need of a pint but I have one sitting in the fridge waiting for me. Attaboy!!