Monday, August 27, 2012

Hack and Slash; Hack and Slash

Well, if ya gotta cut your hedge it's the only way.

Substantial progress made this morning before rain stopped slashing (or started slashing, depending on your point of view).

Here is BEFORE, so you can see it was deffo overgrown.



And here is AFTER, much better I'm sure you'll agree



And here is WHERE IT WENT. 

 

I'm sure you'll also agree that this is but a problem postponed.  That's because it's in the [currently empty] manure bin.  But that is destined to be refilled in October so all the prunings will have to be out by then.  I feel a Mother Of All Bonfires coming on but that, in turn, will have to wait until the beans and courgettes are finished because that's the only space I've got available to have one.  So this all feels like an appointment with MOAB in October.  Yippee!

And finally, the door to the Secret Garden is now visible again.



6 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

Love that door - hope you didn't get bitten too often as you no doubt disturbed lots of biters.

Gordon Mason said...

Funnily enough, I didn't get bitten at all although I did expect to, as you say. It may have been a bit too damp and cool for them to muster the energy (or I was moving too fast!)

Unknown said...

well done, do you feel better now :D

if you have access to a chipper you could make some path chippings

**dear lord your 'prove you are not a robot' is going to make me throw the flipping pc through the window** Here goes try no 7 !!!!!!

Gordon Mason said...

I do feel better now! Hope you feel better after try No 7 ! I didn't realise that was on; wonder whether I can get rid of it.

Tanya. said...

Nice to see the door to the garden again....it does look much better. And saving it for an autumn day to burn is a great idea!!

Gordon Mason said...

Taken it off now. That must have been one of the "improvements" Blogger introduced when they did their revamp. Would have been nice if they'd told me!