Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Making progress

Strimming done? - Tick
Hedge cut? - Tick
Top two sections weeded? - Tick
Fourth section weeded - Tick (Yeah, I know, I was going to be systematic but sometimes...)
Lovage trimmed? - Tick




It's beginning to look a bit tidier, although everything is showing the effects of rain and low temperatures.  I suspect essential nutrients have been washed away downhill because things are just standing still.  There's been little discernible growth in the last two weeks.  Perhaps if I start to feed and water it'll all come right again?  Perhaps??

6 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

Lots opf ticks.
We usually feed with a liquid seaweed food which the plants seem to like.

Gordon Mason said...

Yep, it certainly needs something despite being well manured last Autumn

Nutty Gnome said...

I've been feeding my vegetables with a combination of liquid seaweed and a more general veg feed, but I suspect that it's the last few days of hot, dry weather that's actually made the buggers grow!

I've roped in Last-Born's boyfriend to help me with the weeding and clearing...I can't do it all on my own even if I have got the summer holidays to do it. He can do way more grunt work in one day than I can in 3, so he's worth every penny (and all the food he scoffs...do all 19yr old lads have hollow legs?!)

Gordon Mason said...

Yep, they do; it goes with the territory. Work him hard so he can repay the food investment!!

Lee said...

Bet it's satisfying to reclaim the plot from the weeds? I love it when you can properly see the stuff you actually want to grow properly!

Unknown said...

looking round other people's plots at the back of our house there seems to be a lot of stalled growth. Even tomatoes under glass do not look fabulous this year. Still always next year LOL !!

Excited that I can say that now :) In preparation I've sown some globe artichokes (and something else that I didn't get time to label and have already forgotten what it was hahaa - old habits die hard).

The beetroots that I sowed last week have just pushed their heads above the soil :)